What does ByPeers do? Our Services:
ByPeers provides software and consultation services for social Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and social media management. You may learn more about ByPeers at About Us.
Information We Collect.
We collect information about visitors to our Sites, our customers and their employees, users of our customer’s social media pages / properties.
Personal information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is an individual that can be identified, directly or indirectly, be referenced to an identifier such as: a name, an identification number, specific location data, an online identifier, or other attributes specific to that natural person.
Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated in such a way that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
Such information is collected about you, including personal information, from the following sources:
- Information We Collect Directly from You: The type of information that we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our Site and our Service. We collect information directly from you when you register an account with us, liaise with us on a customer service issue, complete an application or other forms on the Site and/or software. We also collect information that you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, as well as social media interactions like your social media handle, username, profile, and messages with our customers; or
- Information We Receive from Customers: We may receive information from customers in order to provide our Service. Such information may include a user’s social media handle, username, profile, biography and messages or communications with our customers. We collect information from individuals employed by our customers such as their contact information in order to provide our Service.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), third party webpages accessed via the Service and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked, or Service, including content accessed.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Service, where they come from, and what content and functionality is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and/or Service to our visitors and users.
How We Use Personal Information
We use, store, and process personal information as a data controller to provide, understand, improve and develop our Services, keep our Services safe and to comply with our legal obligations. ByPeers processes your personal information for the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Site and Service;
- Provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate user interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services we make available to users or customers and potential users or customers;
- Monitor use of the Service;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Conduct online research surveys regarding the Site and/or Service;
- Combine datasets to create aggregated data for internal evaluation and analysis;
- Share anonymised or personalised tokens across the ByPeers platforms in order to provide the Service;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through email messages; and
To Whom We May Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information, including personal information, to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or court order or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
ByPeers is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. ByPeers complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
Legal basis for processing personal information
If you are a visitor or user from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance of our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit a request to delete your personal information, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit such a request, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where we process your personal information solely on behalf of a customer, we may be legally required to forward your request directly to our customer and social media business partners for their review / handling.
Security & User ID/Password
Our Site and/or Service utilizes various appropriate technical and organizational security measures, which include, but are not limited to, network and host security controls (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.), data encryption (both at rest and during transmission), and operating procedures that are designed to protect your personal information. You should protect your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. Additionally, enabling two-step verification, where available, is also recommended. If you believe your user ID and password have been compromised or you have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Site or Service, please contact our technical support department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice (U.S. and Canadian users only)
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personally Identifiable Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by ByPeers pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
EU – US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss—US Privacy Shield Framework
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, ByPeers is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Contacting Us, Complaints and Dispute Resolution
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, ByPeers LLC. commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to resolve your issue and will respond within 45 days of receipt.
ByPeers has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
ByPeers commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and comply with advice given by such authorities with respect to human resources data transferred from the European Union and Switzerland in the context of any employment relationship with a European Union or Swiss individual.
Privacy Complaints in Brazil
In circumstances in which Brazil law is controlling, we commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints to an independent dispute resolution mechanism.
Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to us through our Site or Service represents that they are older than 12 years of age.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com.